Brief Introduction of Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Program
Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Program is a scheme funded and introduced by Islamic Development Bank (IDB), Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in different countries including India from 1983 with a vision to promote professional education among Muslims particularly. The objective of the program is to give equal opportunities to the academically excellent and financially weak students to pursue their studies in professional courses in their area of interest areas without any hindrance and emerge as competent professionals with firm dedication and commitment towards the development of the Muslims and the India. The Islamic Development Bank scholarship is provided as interest-free loan to the students. It covers all the expenses that student has to bear himself otherwise. Awardees are therefore expected to payback the scholarship amount in easy installments after completion of one year of graduation or after getting a job in his/her profession whichever is earlier. The Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Program can be accessed at http://metdelhi.org/
To be able to qualify for Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Program, students must meet the following requirements :
- Secured at least minimum 60% marks in in SSSC (10+2) exam except for students hailing from Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamilnadu who must have 70%.
- Applicants seeking admission to BBA and MBA (integrated course) and Law must have scored at least minimum of 60% marks in English and optional subjects in SSSC (10+2)
- Candidate should be maximum of 24 years of age and not any older.
- Candidate must not be receiving benefit from any other scholarship.
- Parent’s/guardians who are unable to pay for their childrens’ education are welcome for this scholarship.
- Students who get benefitted from this scholarship should resolve to serve muslim community and country upon completion of his/her studies.
Documents Required for Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Program
1. Self attested copies of the High School Certificate (Class X) & Senior Secondary School Certificate (class 12) Mark sheets.
2. Self Attested copy of Certificate for proof of birth if it is not mentioned on calss Xth documents.
3. A copy of the Fee depositing receipt issued from the College for Proof of date of the admission.
4. Income certificate or Pay slip of Father or Guardian.
5. Two recent passport size photographs with name & state written on its back side in a transparent plastic pack.
6. Two self addressed envelopes of 9 x 4 inches size with INR 22 worth postage stamps affixed on it.
- First you need to register online from the homepage of official website.
- Application must be given in typed form or written by student clearly with ink in block letters and 2 sets should be prepared along with all the supporting documents.
- All the information should be given in English only. Please attach a certified translation of any document which is not in English.
- All information asked for must be provided, otherwise the processing of the application might be delayed or might not be processed at all.
- Applicant must indicate his State of Domicile: viz Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Delhi etc on the the very top of the scholarship Application Form.
The application forms duly filled in along with all the supporting documents should be sent by registered post to: The Chairman , Muslim Education Trust, E-3, Abul Fazl Enclave, Jamia Nagar,New Delhi-110025 Tel: 011-26957004, 26941354
If you have any queries, please comment below.