Brief Introduction of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students Scheme
The Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students scheme covers professional, technical, non-professional and non-technical courses at different levels including correspondence courses. The scheme receives 100% assistance from state governments and from govt. of India. The Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students scheme gives assistance financially only to ST students who are pursuing in post matric standards or beyond that. The scholarship can only be availed by Indian nationals only for study in India.
Eligibility for Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students Scheme
1. Scholarships will be paid to students whose parent’s/guardian’s income total from all sources does not exceed INR 250000 per year.
2. All the children of the same parent’s/guardian can apply.
3. ST candidates who have already passed the matric or higher secondary or higher examination from any recognized University or Board of Education are eligible for this scholarship.
4. The Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students scheme is available for the study of all post matric courses in recognized institutes except some training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineers’ Courses, Private Pilot Licence course etc.
5. Students who are studying through correspondence courses are also eligible.
6.Students who are employed but are on on leave without pay for the entire duration are also eligible for ost Matric Scholarship for ST Students scheme .
7. The Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students scheme scholarship holder will not get benefit from any other scholarship/scheme.
8. Those Students who have received coaching in any of pre examination training center with financial assistance from the Government of India will also not be eligible.
How To Apply?
You need to visit the website here http://scholarships.gov.in/ and click on the Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students scheme as shown below
Scholars will be paid :-
1. Fees for enrollment/registration fees, tuition fees, game fee, Union fee, Library fee, Magazine fee, Medical fee
Examination fee and such other fee compulsory to be payable by the scholar to the Institution.
2. Study tours charges up to a max. of INR 1600/- per year.
3. Allowance for typing of thesis and thesis printing charges up to a max. of INR 1600 to the research scholars.
4.Additional allowances will be provided to the ST students with disabilities according to the prescribed rates for
different degrees of disability.
5. Annual allowance of INR 1200 for prescribed books will be given, and besides that, reimbursement of course fees will also be given to the correspondence course students.
If you have any queries, please leave a comment below, we will get back to you.