Brief Introduction of R.D. Sethna Scholarship
R D Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest and best scholarship program initiated after the death of Mr. R D Sethna, a well known Indian Philanthropist in 1938 who assisted outstanding and deserving students from all communities and all backgrounds.
The R D Sethna Scholarship Fund grants is basically a loan scholarship which is granted to students who are native citizens of India. Students of community, caste or creed can apply for this scholarship.
This Loan Scholarship is given only to a handful of able students who can undertake scientific, technical, industrial or commercial studies in India and abroad provided on the condition of repayment of full amount along with interest which is a part of agreement that has to be honored by applicant and his/her guarantors.
Eligibility for R D Sethna Scholarship
1.Applicants who have passed the Secondary School Certificate examination or other equivalent examination and have got at least 50% of total marks in their last final examination are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
2. The guarantor as required for this loan scholarship must be a male, having a monthly income of at least Rs. 10,000 for applicants studying in India and Rs. 15,000 for applicants studying abroad.
3. Applicants also needs to submit two letters of recommendation.
All application must be filled on prescribed form, which is obtainable on request from the Trust office. Forms will not be sent to applicants by post unless the request is accompanied by Rs. 50 as postal charges either in cash or a DD drawn in favor of R D Sethna Scholarship Fund. Candidates also have to send self addressed envelops with Rs. 10 stamp. Candidates also need to specify whether form required is for studies in India or abroad?
Application forms for this scholarship are open to everyone from 1 April each year and the last date for recieving applications for studies abroad is 31 may, for local studies the last date is 31 August each year.
- Attested copies of the Mark sheets of the applying candidate in each examination starting with Secondary School Certificate examination or other equivalent examination.
- A copy of admission card/offer letter of the college, Institution or University at which the candidate wants to pursue studies.For candidates who have got admission in USA Universities or Institutions have to enclose a copy of the Form I-20. For Indian applicants they must produce the proof of receipt of the admission fees paid to the College/Institution.
- Copy of Salary certificate or copy of income-tax assessment order of the parents and of the guarantor.
- Copies of two testimonials/letters of recommendations given to the candidate.
- A passport size photograph attested as the candidate’s photograph by a S.E.M. or Gazetted Officer or head of any recognized College or Institution where the applicant has completed studies or is studying.
- Candidates who want to pursue studies in India must provide proof of the recognition granted to the College or the Institute by the Govt. of India.
Any candidate who recieves a loan scholarship of the sum of Rs.10,000/- or more to undertake studies in India or overseas is required, after grant approval but before payment, to register a Endowment Life Insurance policy for a sum equivalent to or in excess of the amount of loan scholarship upon his life with an Insurance Company for a period of not more than twenty years.
For any queries comment below or visit http://www.rdsethnascholarships.org/default.htm