Golden Jubilee Scholarship is being offered by The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) & North East Institute of Science and Technology (NEIST). This scholarship is available for those students who are pursuing any bachelor degree.
Main aim of this scholarship is to provide financial support to those students who want to make their career in science stream and at the time of doing the course the students will get an opportunity for project work or training in any CSIR Laboratory of India for maximum time period of six months. North East Institute of Science and Technology (NEIST) have a chain of laboratories across India.
This scholarship is available for those students who are pursuing Bachelor degree such as: B.Sc, B.Sc Hons. This scholarship is available for those students who are pursuing their studies in the field of natural or basic sciences. The students will get scholarship of Rs. 1000/- per month. In addition to this amount of scholarship the students will get stipend of Rs. 1500/- per month for a maximum period of six months training or project work during the entire course. Only those students who are in India will get this scholarship.
The applicants must fulfill the following criteria in order to be eligible for this scholarship:
- This scholarship is for only those students who are from North East India.
- Only those students are eligible for scholarship who have got 70% marks in 12th Class Board exams and have passed in the year 2017.
- The student should have taken admission to a basic science course at degree level.
- Only those students will get the training stipend who are getting the scholarship.
- First preference will be given to those students who are economically weak.
The students from North East India are eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply:
The students can easily apply through post by following the below mentioned steps:
- The applicants should fill the Application Form completely in the format which is prescribed and should attach the photocopy of all the necessary documents and submit it by the end of August every year.
- The Application Forms that are received during the date which is prescribed will be assessed and shortlisted by the Award Evaluation Committee by the end of August every year.
- The candidates that are shortlisted will be screened according to their merit. The selection will be made on the basis of personal interview if there are too many candidates who are having the same score.
- The name of those students who are eligible for the scholarship will be announced and declared on 26 September.
- The students will be provided second class train or bus fare for both side for appearing in the personal interview.
- Second class train or bus fare for both side will also be provided for attending the award ceremony at CSIR-NEIST.
Last Date of Submitting Application Form: The last date for submitting Application Form is September 15, 2017.