Brief Introduction | UP Government Scholarship
UP scholarship: Uttar Pradesh Social Welfare Department which works under State Government of Uttar Pradesh has notified through an advertisement for the applicants of UP Government Scholarship 2018. This scholarship is disbursed in the form of three scholarships ( three different schemes) which are named as Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme, Matric Scholarship Scheme and Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme. A snapshot of the advertisement is shown below:
The online portal for application of UP Government Scholarship opened from July and will remain opened till 30 September 2018. Students who are as of now pursuing 9 and 10, 10+2, ITI, Polytechnic, Engineering Medical, Nursing, management, BA, B.Com, BA, M.Sc, MA etc are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
NOTE: 10+2 students can apply only till 31 August 2018
UP Scholarship Rate and Amount
|Class||Monthly Fellowship Amount||Annual Fellowship Amount|
|10+2||Day Scholars||Hosteler||Day Scholars||Hosteler|
|Group 1||Rs. 550||Rs. 1200||Rs. 6600||Rs.14400|
|Group 2||Rs. 530||Rs. 820||Rs. 6360||Rs.9840|
|Group 3||Rs. 300||Rs. 570||Rs. 3600||Rs.6840|
|Group 4||Rs. 230||Rs. 380||Rs. 2760||Rs.4560|
Eligibility for UP Government Scholarship
1. General, SC, ST, OBC and minorities group category candidates can apply if you are a student of 9th class or 10th class in any of the Uttar Pradesh (UP) districts.
2. The annual income of parents/guardians from all the sources for minorities must not exceed 100k or (1 Lakh).
3.The annual income of parents/guardians from all the sources for OBC’s must not exceed 30k/- (Thirty Thousand)
4.The annual income of parents/guardians from all the sources must not exceed 25k/- in urban area and 19884/- in rural area for general.
5.Annual income level from all sources pooled together must be below 200k (2 Lakhs) Per Annum for SC and ST candidates.
6.Those aspirants who are pursuing 11th, 12th, graduation or post graduation ( courses like ITI, Polytechnic, Engineering Medical, Nursing, management, BA, B.Com, BA, M.Sc, MA etc) from UP district can apply for the post Matric scholarship.
Documents Required for UP Scholarship
- Certificate for proof of Residence.
- Income Certificate .
- College/School mark sheets/certificates in support of educational qualifications.
- Caste Certificate if belonging to special category.
- Birth Certificate
Procedure to fill form online
1.Visit the official website of UP Government Scholarship here to apply http://scholarship.up.nic.in/index.aspx
2. Move mouse cursor to student, a drop down menu appears, move cursor onto “Registration (2016-17)”
3. You will see all the schemes available for application, click on the one you are interested to apply for. Please keep this in mind that you have to choose fresh or renewal here itself as shown in picture here:
4.Fill in all the necessary details that appear on your screen and submit the data.
5. After you submit it, a registration number is generated, note it down and print the application form.
6.Open homepage again, move mouse cursor onto student, next move it on “Login(After Registration)” and choose the option that is yours.
7. Login into your account using Registration Number, DOB and password that you created when registering.
8. Fill in all the details and upload all the supporting documents as asked for in the application form.
9. Take a print out of completely filled application form and keep it just for record.
Class 9th 10th last date: 15 July 2018 (date is expected to extend).
Last date for Class 11th and 12th scholarship application : 15 July 2018 (date may extend).
Last date for graduate and post graduate (above 12th class) scholarship application : 30 July 2018 (date may extend).
If you have any queries, feel free to comment and ask. Share this if this article helped you.