Introduction to Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme:
Mr. Narotam Sekhsaria, a visionary entrepreneur set up this non-profit organization named Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation with a strong sense of social commitment. Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship programme comes under this Foundation.
The Scholarship Program is to provide interest-free loan scholarships to Indian students from graduate and postgraduate background having consistently excellent academic record and want to continue studies in postgraduate courses in the fields of Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Law, Architecture and Management at prestigious Indian and international universities.
The scholarship amount, extending up to a maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs is decided to get awarded on the basis of the Foundation’s assessment of prospective candidates.
|Age||below 30 years as on 31 January 2018|
Note: The Scholarship will be cancelled in case the candidate gets failed to take admission.
Application Process Opening date: January’s first week of 2018.
Last Date to apply: 28 March 2018.
Date of Publishing List for Shortlisted Candidates for Interview: April or May 2018.
Date for Interview Round in Mumbai : June’s 1st week of 2018.
Date for Publishing List of Final Candidates: In the period of 4th week of June – 1st week of July 2018.
Two days Orientation Programme: July 2018.
The exact amount of Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship will be decided on the basis of the Foundation’s assessment. Maximum Scholarship amount of up to Rs. 20 Lakh is decided to get rewarded.
Repayment of the Scholarship Amount:
- After completion of 1st Year, Candidate has to pay no amount.
- After completion of 2nd Year, Candidate has to pay 30% of the total amount of Scholarship.
- After completion of 3rd Year, Candidate has to pay 35% of the total amount of Scholarship.
- After completion of 4th Year, Candidate has to pay 35% of the total amount of Scholarship.
How to Apply Online:
Eligible Candidates may apply for this Scholarship through online mode only.
Please follow the Steps below to apply online for the registration of Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship:
Step 1: Click here and create your account to fill the scholarship form online, You will get your credentials for login at your registered email id. Now login with the received credentials.
Step 2: Make payment, an application fee of Rs. 500/- is payable online through Net Banking or alternate option is by sending a Demand Draft issued in favour of the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation for offline payment.
Step 3: After making payment successfully, you will now be able to access the form online by logging in with the received login credentials.
- Candidates are required to keep a printed copy of their application form sent to their email id with an email confirmation for the future reference.
- If Candidate has made offline payment through Demand Draft then he/she has to send the DD via post/courier to the following address with his/her name, application/reference number along with his/her contact details on the reverse side of the DD..
Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation,
1st Floor, Nirmal Building,
Nariman Point, Mumbai-400021.
Selection Process for Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship:
Shortlisted Candidates from the online application will be asked to attend the interview in Mumbai, which will be the final selection round.
The final list of candidates selected for the grant of Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship will be out in the last week of June or the first week of July 2018.
After selection from interview, the Scholars have to attend a two day orientation programme in Mumbai in July 2018.
Documents Required at the time of Interview:
- Photocopy of Mark-sheets of class X, XII and degree course.
- Photocopy of certificates of class X, XII and degree course including pass certificate.
- Score of qualifying exam like CAT, GRE, GATE, GMAT, TOEFL, GATE etc.
- Attested copy of the admission letter provided by the University in which candidate has applied for admission(if any).
- Reference letters (In a sealed envelope)
- Candidates holding work experience are asked to obtain one professional experience letter along with one academic reference letter.
- Candidates having no work experience are asked to obtain two academic reference letter.
- Statement of the course fee and any other financial document.
- One passport size photograph.
- Attested copy of the passport.
- Latest Income Tax Returns of parents.
Documents to be Submitted within the Timeline decided by the Foundation:
- The letter confirming admission to the college/ university for the proposed course of study.
- Form I-20 in case of candidate has taken admission to the University in the United States. It is required to obtain a student visa for study in the USA.
- A copy of the letter highlighting the financial support in case of student has taken admission to the university in any other country.
Documents Required during Orientation:
MoU (Memorandum of Understanding):
Candidates selected for Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship will be required to sign a MoU with the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation accepting their terms and conditions.
An undertaking will be signed by the Scholars and the guarantors.
Scholars are also asked to take an insurance policy and assign it to the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. The Foundation will arrange the insurance policy.
Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation,
102, Maker Chambers III,
Nariman Point, Mumbai-400 021
Phone: +91 22 61326220 / 21