INTRODUCTION TO CHARPAK RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
Charpak Research Internship is an Internship program in France organized by Campus France. Campus France is giving opportunity to all Indian students from economics, engineering and natural science background at the Bachelor’s or Master’s levels for research work in summer vacation at French Laboratory. Campus France is a service of the French Embassy in India to promote higher education in France. Applicant have to approach a laboratory on his/her own, as per research interest before applying for the scholarship.
BENEFITS OF CHARPAK RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
- Student will be eligible for visa fee waiver
- Embassy will provide monthly stipend to students of 310 euros which is 24901.93 INR for maximum 3 months (May to July).
- Student will get assistance to find affordable student accommodation
- Student will also get Medical insurance coverage of approx 300 euros (24098.64 INR).
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CHARPAK RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
- Applicant must have the Indian nationality and he/she must be residing in India at the time of application.
- Applicant must not exceed the age of 30 years at the time of application
- Applicant must be admitted in a bachelors/masters program at an Indian institution of higher learning.
- Applicant must hold an admission/acceptance letter from the laboratory of French where the research internship will be held.
*Final semester project and laboratory research at a partner institute in France is not applicable.
The internship program duration must lie during May-July 2018 i.e. neither it should be less than 2 months nor exceeding 3 months.
Application will be assesed on the basis of academic excellence, and the consistency and quality of statement of purpose. Knowledge of French will be valuable quality but not mandatory.
No CGPA / percentage cut-off for the scholarship will be count.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online from here.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION:
- Scanned copy of first page of passport with expiry date and photo. In case, applicant will get passport after the deadline, then he/she must attach passport application proof.
- Full CV for no longer than 2 Pages.
- Scanned copy of admission or acceptance letter from the French higher education institution / laboratory. In case, applicant have not received it before the deadline, then attach an email which proves that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
- Scanned copies of attested(by a gazette officer or the Head of the institute where you studied/are studying) mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- Language certificate of French (DELF/DALF or from any recognized university or Xth marks card in case French was second language)
- NOC from the Indian institution – it should include that you are a student there, and Indian institution has no objection to your internship for which you are selected.The name of French institution should also be mentioned.
- Marksheet of XII and degree.
- University Marksheet and degree (Upload Mark Sheets of current program i.e your Semester Mark Sheets and for Students pursuing Master’s, upload Bachelor’s Degree and Mark Sheets as well)
- Document of employment / internship record.
Application Start date:
Application End date:
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULT:
Result for the selected candidates will be announced on second week of April via email and it can also be seen at http://www.inde.campusfrance.org/en/page/charpak.
For any query: email@example.com
For more details about Charpak Research Internship Program: www.inde.campusfrance.org