The Post Matric Scholarship (Pre-Matric Scholarship) Scheme is an online Scheme for minority community in India. In order to apply for this scholarship online please visit the website here http://scholarships.gov.in/.
Post Matric scholarship is entitled to candidates who have secured at least 50% marks or a grade equivalent to 50% in his/her previous examination. Also, the overall annual income of the candidate’s Parents/guardian from all sources collectively must not exceed Rs. 2 Lakh. Students belonging to communities (Muslim/Christian/Sikh/Buddhist/Jain/Parsi) which are declared as minority by Government of India can avail this scholarship.
Fresh (Post Matric Scholarship):
For Fresh registration, carefully follow these steps in sequence:
- Go to website http://scholarships.gov.in/
- When the homepage of National Scholarships Portal opens click on the “New User?Register”.
- On the next page, you have to fill in some general information about yourself and then click on Register button.
- Once you have registered a temporary ID will be generated, you should note it down. After that you need to login from homepage of http://scholarships.gov.in/ by clicking on “login” button.
- Now 5 different tabs appear on the website which are different parts of same scholarship form; Personal Details, Academic details, Scheme Details, Bank Details and Contact Details.
- Once all the tabs are completed your application is ready to be submitted after one final review.
- After submitting a permanent ID will be generated which you must note down and keep it for future references.
- Take a printout of the form attach the supporting documents and submit it in the office concerned.
Fresh (Pre Matric Scholarship):
The procedure for application of Pre Matric Scholarship is same as that of Post Matric scholarship. The 3rd step in the above procedure is modified slightly, instead of selecting Post Matric Scholarship from dropdown menu of scholarship category, select Pre Matric Scholarship.
For renewal of Post/Pre Matric Scholarship on the homepage of http://scholarships.gov.in/ click on “Apply for renewal” and proceed. Also, please do note that for Renewal of scholarship, you need to have Permanent ID of your last year’s scholarship application form. Rest is the same procedure as discussed above.
Documents Required for Scholarship Application:
|1||Institution Verification Form.||Aadhaar Card|
|2||Income Certificate issued by an authorized Officer in the State/UT||Proof of Address|
|3||Declaration of the Student|
|5||(i) In case of Fresh: Self-Attested Certificate of Last Board Exam Passed as filled in the Form. (Mandatory).
(ii) In case of Renewal: Self-Attested Certificate of Last Exam Passed as filled in the Form. (Mandatory)
|6||Fee Receipt of ‘Current Course Year’|
|7||Proof of Bank Account in the Name of the Student|
Last date of Pre and Post Matric Scholarships: Last date of Registration/Submission of scholarships has been extended upto 30 October 2017 (May extend as observed in previous years).
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship (Tabular Form)
|Ministry/Department||Parental Income||Primary Supporting Doc||Amount Variation||Previous Year Percentage||Quota|
|Disabilities||2.5 lakh||Disability(>40%) Certificate||
|Higher Education||6.0 lakh (4.5 lakh non-creamy)||SC/ST/OBC Disability Certificate||NA||Applicable||82000 (50% girls, SC 15%, ST 7.5%, OBC 27%, Disability 3%)|
|Minority Affairs||2.0 lakh||Parental Income/Religion Certificate||Hosteller/Day Scholar||Applicable||30% girls|
|Labor||1.0 to 1.2 lakh||Worker’s ID Card||Gender||NA||NA|
Still have questions regarding pre matric and post matric scholarship application, registration or renewal? You can ask us questions in comments.
You must be logged in to post a comment.