Brief Introduction of ONGC Scholarship
ONGC, a public sector enterprise, has a long and cherish able tradition of laudable initiatives, planned programs and fair practice of Corporate Social Responsibility which have had a remarkable role in the overall development of many underdeveloped regions of the India. The vision of sustainable growth is the driving force for both business decisions and Corporate Social Responsibility works and both are equally important needless to say. Our CSR activities are strictly guided by analysis based approach in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Dept. of Public Enterprises & Ministry of Corporate Affairs of the Government of India. ONGC scholarship is only a part of this initiative.
Eligibility for ONGC Scholarship
1. The scholarship is open for candidates studying in India and who are citizens of India.
2. Candidate who applies for ONGC Scholarship must be economically backward general or OBC candidates who are studying Engineering or MBBS or Master’s course (geology,geophysics) or MBA. Only full time courses approved by statutory authority (UGC or MCI or AICTE) students are eligible.
3. Students should have scored at least 60% marks or CGPA equivalent to it in previous exams.
4.Student will be allotted specific zones on the basis of location of the School or University or College or Institute where he is enrolled or was enrolled and not on the basis of state of his residence.
5. The annual income from all sources of student’s parent/guardian must not exceed INR 2,00,000. Income certificate are acceptable only if they are issued from Competent District Revenue Authority not under the rank of Tehsildar.
6. The max. age allowable for applicant is 30 years as on September 1, 2016.
7. Candidate must not be getting any other fellowship.
1. Candidates will be selected only on the basis of merit of his/her previous examination or course. In case of tie up of marks, candidate with low family income will be preferred.
2. Special preference shall be given to applicants belonging from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families. Other candidates will be considered only iff sufficient no. of applicants from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families fulfilling the eligibility criteria are not present.
Number of Scholarships and Amount
|S. NO.||STREAM||DURATION OF COURSE||TOTAL QUANTITY OF SCHOLARSHIPS||QUALIFYING EXAMINATION||MIN. ELIGIBILITY MARKS IN QUALIFYING EXAM||SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT/ MONTH|
|1||B.TECH||(4 YEARS)||600||10+2||60%||₹ 4000/-|
|2||MBBS||(4 YEARS)||100||10+2||60%||₹ 4000/-|
|3||MASTERS IN GEOLOGY/ GEOPHYSICS||(2 YEARS)||200||GRADUATION||60% (AVERAGE MARKS OF ALL THE SEMESTERS )||₹ 4000/-|
|4||MBA||(2 YEARS)||100||GRADUATION||60% (AVERAGE MARKS OF ALL THE SEMESTERS )||₹ 4000/-|
Procedure to apply for ONGC Scholarship
1. Go to the official website of ONGC here http://www.ongcindia.com/wps/wcm/connect/ongcindia/home/csr , on the left hand side their are lots of tabs, click on CSR.
2. Scroll down to the end of page and click on Notification of ONGC Scholarship, a new window appears.
3. Click on green colored apply now button and fill in all the information accordingly.
Online application portal will open from September 1, 2016 and will remain open till October 10, 2016. Last date for candidates who are in first year of their studies is October 31, 2016.
If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.