Brief Introduction of PM’s Scholarship Scheme
PM Scholarship Scheme was first introduced from the Academic year of 2006-07 with a vision of encouraging higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex Servicemen/ Ex Coast Guard personnel or their widows (below officer rank) and dependent wards / widows of Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard personnel who died /got disabled in line of duty to Military Service / Coast Guard Service, irrespective of the rank.
A total of four thousand scholarships are to be dispensed among students. The official website can be accessed at http://www.desw.gov.in/
Eligibility for PM’s Scholarship Scheme
1. Only candidates pursuing professional courses such as BE, engineering, BDS, medical, BBA, MCA, BCA, B.Pharma etc from colleges/institutes which are recognized by respective government regulatory bodies.
2. Only those students who got admission in 2016 can apply for PMSS 2016-17. They must have got a minimum of 60% marks in their last qualifying examination.
3. Only applicants who are either dependent wards or widows of ex services and ex coast guard who died in line of action or became disabled due to it.
1. A specimen copy of Ex Servicemen or Ex Coast Guard Certificate.
2. A duly attested photocopy of matriculation certificate in support of date of birth.
3. Self attested copy of mark sheet of exam last passed.
4. A copy of first page of bank passbook.
Duration Of Scholarship
2-5 years depending upon the course in which applicant is admitted into.
Amount Of PM’s Scholarship Scheme
1. INR 2,000 per month for boys.
2. INR 2250 per month for girls.
Selection Preference for PM’s Scholarship Scheme
The preference order for selection of applicants will be as under
1. Wards or Widows of E.S.M or Ex-Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
2. Wards or Widows of E.S.M or Ex-Coast Guard personnel disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to Military or Coast Guard service.
3. Wards or Widows of E.S.M or Ex-Coast Guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to Military or Coast Guard Service.
4. Wards or Widows of E.S.M or Ex-Coast Guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to Military or Coast Guard Service.
5. Wards or Widows of E.S.M or Ex-Coast Guard personnel in receipt of gallantry awards.
6. Wards or Widows of E.S.M or Ex-Coast Guard personnel (P.B.O.R Only).
How to Apply?
Candidate in any session can apply and submit only once from a single course, if he/she tries to submit more, both application forms will be rejected. Forms when the dates will be announced can be downloaded from http://www.desw.gov.in . Any other format of application form will be rejected. After filling in all the details of scholarship should be sent in an envelope with “Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for the Academic Year 2016-17” written on top.
To be announced very soon. Keep visiting here for timely updates.
If you have any queries feel free to comment below.
You must be logged in to post a comment.