Objective of SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship
The SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship ( NPDF) is basically aimed at identifying motivated young researchers and to provide them with support for doing research in leading fields of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a supervisor with a hope that the training will give them a platform to develop as an independent quality researcher.
Eligibility for SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship
- Only Indian citizens can apply.
- A Ph.D. degree in Science/ Engineering or M.D/M.S degree in medicine is a must.
- The Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree must be from a recognized University. The candidate can apply within 2 years after completion of above degrees but not after 2 years. Those applicants who have submitted their thesis can also apply. But a they will receive a lower amount as compared to those who have completed degree.
- Candidates must be at least 35 years of age at the time of application. Only SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates are eligible to get an age relaxation of five years.
Duration and Support of SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship
The fellowship is redeemable only in recognized Indian academic institutes, recognized R and D institutes and national laboratories. Fellowship will be provided at the same institution where candidates had completed their r PhD or M.S or M.D degree.The SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship is given purely on tenable basis for two years. Fellowship is eligible to increase by one year if situation demands so. This depends entirely upon the progress of research.
The research fellows will get the following benefits:
1 .Fellowship amount of INR 55,000/- per month and INR 35,000/ per month for candidates who have submitted the thesis but not awarded degree.
2 .Research Grant INR 2,00,000/- per year for purchasing minor equipment, national travel expenses, consumables and contingencies.
3 Overheads amount INR 1,00,000/- per year.
Documents Required for SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship
* Bio data .
* Certificate for Age Proof .
* Qualification Degree orThesis Submission Certificate.
* Certificate of Caste(only for Age Relaxation).
* Undertaking Certificate by the candidate.
* Recommendation Certificate from the Supervisor & proposed Institute.
How to Apply Online?
1.First of all register yourself in the online website here http://serbonline.in/SERB/Registration.do
2.After successful registration login into your account and fill all the details in the profile section under User Profile tab.
3.At the time of submission of application details like Project Title (maximum 500 words), Project summary (maximum 3000 words), Keywords (maximum 6), Objectives of project (maximum 1500 words), Expected output/outcome of the proposal (maximum 1500 words) are to be provided.
The submission of online forms opens twice a year, September and March. You can apply now. The website can accessed at http://serbonline.in/SERB/HomePage.do
If you have any queries, feel free to comment below.