Brief Introduction of Asia Foundation Development Fellows
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows provides a platform in helping forge leadership. This program trains highly qualified and young professionals from all over Asia with one of a lifetime opportunity to sharpen their leadership skills and gain first hand knowledge of Asia’s deep and critically important hurdles in development. The program is one year long and is in collaboration with 18 country wide network has years of experience in working with important world leaders. The program is setup in such a way to provide the fellow with unparalleled experience which involves lots of learning modules, short courses, international conferences, educational tours in Asia and the U.S., to inculcate leader like skills and expertise in developmental knowledge of Asia. The website can be accessed here http://asiafoundation.org/
1) This Leadership Training Program IS offered in partnership with the Korea Development Institute (K.D.I) School of Public Policy and Management located in South Korea.
2) The Workshop focused on Asian Development is held each year in a different Asian nations.
3) You get a two week leadership dialogue and study tour opportunity in the U.S.A.
4) A very flexible and professional development and handsome one time stipend award of $5,000.
5) A mentoring component will allow Fellows to explore The Asia Foundation’s extensive and vast human resources and firsthand thematic expertise.
- Must have a record of continuous high achievement and must have proof of outstanding potential for professional career, and considerable impact in his/her desired field.
- Must have an excellent record of good achievement and must have certain accomplishments in the fields concerned, law and governance, economic development, women empowerment, environmental concerns and regional harmony.
- Must have good record of personal record and character integrity.
- Must have thought invoking speech, commitment, respectful and a source of inspiration within his community.
- Should not exceed 40 years of age by January 1, 2016 of the fellowship session 2016-17.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Be available all time and must be able to participate in all programs on the dates specified.
- Should be resident citizen of any of the Asian countries, Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
Applications for 2017 fellows are being accepted now, the last date for applying is November 21, 2016.