Brief Introduction of IIT B Monash Research Academy Scholarship
With an ever increasing number of reputed corporations, various governments and advance research institutes are looking at India for extensive research and development that will hopefully offer effective, high impact solutions to many of the prominent research issues in the world as of today ranging from change in climate and renewable energy to clean water, advanced engineering and biotechnology. IIT B Monash Research Academy Scholarship intends to help in achieving this.
The IIT, Bombay (IITB) and Monash University, Australia have joined hands and have shaped together a unique Joint Venture (JV) research academy that wants to enhance research collaborations between Australia and India.
Benefits from IIT B Monash Research Academy Scholarship
1. Students will receive a generous scholarship.
2. Students will have co-supervison from Professors at IIT B and Monash.
3. Students will receive a jointly-badged PhD degree from IITB and Monash.
4. Students will get access to world class advanced research facilities.
5. Students will gain International research experience.
6. Students will get a fellowship to visit Monash University.
7. For industry sponsored projects, students will get strong industry exposure.
- INR 3,72,000 per year scholarship for the first two years in research.
- INR 4,20,000 per year after first two years in research.
- A grant of minimum A$25,850 per year in Australia.
You need to have a first class Masters degree from reputed university, or a Bachelors Degree in Eng/Science (with high GPA). The research Academy will offer attractive PhD scholarships (IIT B Monash Research Academy Scholarship) only to the successful candidates.
Although this is not a prerequisite, candidates who have taken and secured good rank in GATE, GRE, CSIR-NET, JAM or any other competitive exam are preferred.
How to Apply?
Mode of application is online. You can visit the website here http://www.iitbmonash.org/ to apply.
The applications for December 2016 Intake are open now. The deadline for submission of Expression Of Interest (EOI) forms is 4 September 2016. If you want to send an “Expression of Interest”, fill the EOI form carefully online.
To fill in the EOI form click here Expression of Interest (EOI) Form which will ask you to provide your background, academic record and research interests.After the evaluation, if your EOI form is found to be suitable, you will get an email indicating you are eligible to proceed to Step 2 of the application process
After your EOI Form is found to be suitable, you need to download and complete the rest of the application form, Form A. This invitation email would contain a unique Form A Number (FAN). You need to mention it while completing rest of the details in the form
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION: 4 September 2016
For any queries leave a comment below.
You must be logged in to post a comment.