Indian Oil Scholarship is given to students purely on the basis of merit to the students who are studying in 10+2, ITI, Engineering, MBBS and MBA. The sole objective of this scholarship is to provide sound financial assistance to students who excel in the field of academics. The duration for which a student receives this scholarship depends upon the course he/she is pursuing. It is 2 years for 10+2, 4 years for Engineering, 5 years for MBBS and for MBA, 2 years. The homepage can be accessed at https://iocl.com/home.aspx
INDIAN OIL SCHOLARSHIP OFFERED :
1. “IndianOil Merit Scholarships Scheme” for 10+/ITI studies
The number of scholarships available for 10+2/ITI candidates are 2000. The distribution of scholarship will be done on state/UT basis solely on the basis of number of students who took 10 class examination in that session.
2. “Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme” for Graduate and Post-Graduate studies
For students studying in professional courses i.e. Engineering, MBBS and MBA a total of 600 scholarships are available, 300,200 and 100 respectively for each stream. The disbursement of Indian Oil Scholarship is not state wise but rather zone wise i.e. North zone, east zone, south zone and west zone.
Percentage Requirement and Scholarship Amount:
|S.No.||Stream||Duration||No. of Scholarships||Qualifying Examination||GEN||ST/SC/OBC/Girls||PwDs||Amount per month|
|1||10+/ITI||2 years||2000||10th||65%||60%||50%||Rs. 1000|
|2||Engg.||4 years||300||12th||65%||60%||50%||Rs. 3000|
|3||MBBS||4 years||200||12th||65%||60%||50%||Rs. 3000|
|4||MBA||2 years||100||Graduation||65%||60%||50%||Rs. 3000|
The annual income of parents/guardians of the candidate from all sources must not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/- (One lac only) in any case. Income certificate that will be accepted should only be issued by appropriate civil authorities of the state/UT’s. No affidavits under any circumstances as a proof of income shall not be accepted.
The candidate applying for Indian Oil Scholarship should be minimum of 15 years and maximum 30 years as on the First July of current application year. Age relaxation is only permitted for OBC’s by three years and five years for ST/SC candidates. A ten year age relaxation is given to PwDs ( Persons with Disabilities)
GENERAL INFORMATION & CONDITIONS :
1.Basis of selection of students for award of scholarship will depend upon family’s income and candidate’s merit..
2. Application for scholarship stands cancelled if the supported documents are incomplete or improper.
3. The documents submitted by the candidates must be attested from Principal/Head of the institution where the candidate is pursuing his/her course currently.
4. All examination marks are to be mentioned in the form of percentage. If they are in the form of grade (CGPA/GPA/SGPA/OGPA/CPI etc.) the conversion formula used by the college needs to be mentioned.
5. Invalid caste certificates furnished by the candidates is not acceptable and he/she will be considered as a general.
6. Candidates should have a saving bank account in their name in any of the Nationalised Banks of India. An attested copy of the passbook should accompany the form.
7.It is the duty of applicants to check before applying that the name of their School/Institution is a recognized school/institution in the official website of respective State/Central Education Boards/Technical Education Boards/AICTE/MCI/Universities who have recognized their School/Institution.
8. Initial scholarship amount will be paid for (after) 12 months through a DD and the following installments will be sent on half yearly basis through NEFT/Bank transfer based on performance of the candidate.
9. Applicants of Indian Oil Scholarship need to give a valid & an active e-mail address & mobile number in their application & should keep on checking their personal e-Mail / Mobile SMS, Portal of Administrator of the Scheme on the web site of IOCL http://www.iocl.com/Aboutus/Scholarships.aspx regularly for instructions which are specific for them from Head/Administrator of the Scheme/IOCL.
10. A Help Desk will operate six days in a week (Monday to Saturday), from 10.00 in the morning to 05.00 in the evening, except National Holidays, for any information from candidates. The Help Desk can be contacted only over by phone no. 9810421827 / 9810422305.
Applicants of Indian Oil Scholarship have to fill and submit their application online only when the link becomes active here http://ioclscholar.sifyitest.com/ . Please go through all the general instructions and information provided above before filling or from the official website here https://iocl.com/home.aspx
NOTE: For more updated news and queries regarding this scholarship from 2015 onward visit this link https://www.iocl.com/AboutUs/AcademicScholarships.aspx
You must be logged in to post a comment.